Saturday, October 3, 2009

Smoking and Drying Foods for Taste and Storage

A few months ago I was asked by my friends at pigsinfrance.com to write a series of articles on Smoking and Drying Foods for the site. I agreed to start in the autumn but whilst thinking about what to cover, I came up with the idea of doing a blog, to not only accompany the articles but to actually help in the writing of them. I hope that allowing people to follow along and contribute, as I build some simple DIY Smokers, explain a few techniques and dry or smoke a wide range of different foodstuffs both for taste and storage throughout this winter, will enhance the final articles.




The blog part of the series will cover the practical aspects and some of the smoking sessions for the project. Advance warning of forthcoming smoking sessions and projects will be posted a week or so ahead of the planned date, both on this blog and on the pigsinfrance.com forum, so that any one who would like to join in has the chance to make all the preperartions. I would love to hear any feedback, observations or helpful tips, so please comment if you have something to bring to the table!

All the best

Guy

0 comments: